Stay on schedule with smarter maintenance
The railroad and metro transit industries are constantly under pressure to save money, reduce noise emissions and make every investment in their wheel flanges and rails last longer.
Since tight schedules, demanding customers and Mother Nature never seem to make things easier, the rail industry has to find ways to lower costs and improve efficiencies through better equipment maintenance practices.
Adding an automatic lubrication system can benefit your railroad maintenance practice in the following ways.
- Improve bearing/bushing life by applying small measured amounts of lubricant more often while the train is in motion
- Increase safety by eliminating the need to climb on and over rail for manual lubrication
- Reduce maintenance cost due to less friction on the gauge face and wheel flange
- Eliminate labor for manual lubrication
- Reduce lubricant cost by precisely applying measured amount of lubricant
- Eliminate noise emissions found in track curves from lack of lubrication
- Eliminate contamination due to over-lubrication
- Provide a high-pressure positive displacement system to the rail bar ensuring that the grease gets to the rail and not on the ground.