Food and Beverage
Improper lubrication eats up time and money
Food and beverage processing equipment must withstand extreme conditions like frequent wash-downs, high temperatures and greater risks of contamination.
More than 50 percent of bearing failures are the direct result of improper lubrication—a major cause of equipment downtime and unnecessary maintenance costs in today’s workplace. The majority of failures are caused by: contamination of bushings by dirt, dust, and moisture; inadequate amounts of lubricant applied to bearings; or over-lubrication of the bearings.
Investing in an automatic lubrication system today has long-term benefits for the future.
- Improve bearing life by applying small measured amounts of lubricant more often
- Increase productivity by lubricating while machinery is running—no downtime
- Improve safety by eliminating the need to climb on, over, and under equipment for manual lubrication
- Reduce maintenance cost due to fewer breakdowns caused by bearing failures
- Eliminate labor for manual lubrication
- Reduce lubricant cost by precisely applying measured amount of lubricant
- Eliminate contamination due to over lubrication
- Improve housekeeping by eliminating over-lubrication and chance for spills
- Reduce energy cost due to improved lubrication and less friction
Common Applications in the Food and Beverage Industry Using Automatic Lubrication Systems
Fillers, cappers, labelers, sizers, canners, palletizers, ovens, conveyers, heat shrink tunnels, blow mold machines and more.